Current course offered:
Introduction to HIV
This online course was developed by the Ontario HIV and Substance Use Training Program, the predecessor to OHRN.
The course was designed as a basic introduction to a very complex topic. It is aimed at health and social service providers in Ontario with limited to no understanding of HIV.
The full course can take about 3 hours to complete. You can go through the modules at your own pace. The course is a mixture of tutorial videos and quizzes, and incorporates stories and perspectives of people with lived experience. If you would like a certificate of participation, instructions will be provided at the end of the course.
Goals for this course:
- Assist workers in supporting people who are at risk of, or who are already living with HIV
- Gain accurate information about transmission and prevention
- Learn about HIV/AIDS, testing, treatments, and support
- Understand the connections between mental health, substance use, stigma and discrimination
- Talk about sex and drugs!